Friday, November 5, 2010

Adrian Paunescu - Ruga pentru parinti (Prayer for Parents)

In cinstea unui mare poet si scriitor care a adus fericire tinerilor din Romania in timpuri comuniste... Va continua sa traiasca in inimile noastre alaturi de marii nostri scriitori...

Homage to a great writer and poet who brought a ray of hope to the youth in communist Romania.  Will surely live among the greats into eternity...

Saru'-mina Adriane!  Eternal gratitude!



Enigmatici şi cuminţi,
Terminându-şi rostul lor,
Lângă noi se sting şi mor,
Dragii noştri, dragi părinţi.

Chiamă-i Doamne înapoi
Că şi-aşa au dus-o prost,
Şi fă-i tineri cum au fost,
Fă-i mai tineri decât noi.

Pentru cei ce ne-au făcut
Dă un ordin, dă ceva
Să-i mai poţi întârzia
Să o ia de la început.

Au plătit cu viaţa lor
Ale fiilor erori,
Doamne fă-i nemuritori
Pe părinţii care mor.

Ia priviţi-i cum se duc,
Ia priviţi-i cum se sting,
Lumânări în cuib de cuc,
Parcă tac, şi parcă ning.

Plini de boli şi suferind
Ne întoarcem în pământ,
Cât mai suntem, cât mai sunt,
Mângâiaţi-i pe părinţi.

E pământul tot mai greu,
Despărţirea-i tot mai grea,
Sărut-mâna, tatăl meu,
Sărut-mâna, mama mea.

Dar de ce priviţi asa,
Fata mea şi fiul meu,
Eu sunt cel ce va urma
Dragii mei mă duc şi eu.

Sărut-mâna, tatăl meu,
Sărut-mâna, mama mea.
Rămas bun, băiatul meu,
Rămas bun, fetiţa mea,

Tatăl meu, băiatul meu,
Mama mea, fetiţa mea.

Mysterious and  tranquil,
Finishing their earthly role,
Fading bodies leave the soul,
Our dear parents, falling ill.

Dear Lord, please bring them back
For their life was harsh and crass,
Make ‘em young, younger than us,
And this time, cut them some slack.

For the ones who gave us life
Do something, pass a decree
Slow them down, or even, maybe
Start anew, with much less strife.

They have paid with their own lives
For their children’s many ills,
God, don’t make us read their wills
Let them be husbands and wives.

Take a look at how they go,
Take a look at how they fade,
Candles in a gowk’s hotbed,
Like they’re silent, like they’re snow

Full of suffering and sickness
We all end up as dirt,
Yet, while we are still on earth,
Shower your folks with kindness.

Separation’s getting hard
Our lives, heavy with qualm,
I am grateful, dear dad,
I am grateful, dear mom.

Why you look at me like this,
Dear daughter, dear son,
One day I’ll be the one you’ll miss
One day it will be my turn.

I am grateful, dear dad,
I am grateful, dear mom.
So long, my son,
So long, my little girl,

My dad, my son,
My mom, my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment